Last weekend three students and I headed to Waco, TX for the Hungry for Justice conference, a combined effort of the Baylor Poverty Summit and the Campus Kitchens Project. Besides lots of laughs (the travel time to Waco made us all a bit loopy), we were able to learn and share quite a bit. The highlights included:
- Shannon Sedwick Davis sharing about her heart for international children and how Bridgeway is working to end a war.
- Jeffrey from DC Central Kitchen’s First Helpings outreach sharing “When you restore family you restore the whole community”
- Justice conference bracelets supplied by the Kianga Project
- A session co-hosted by Morten highlighting CK Garden best practices.
- Nuts and Bolts to move forward with special events and days of service
You can read more about the conference here.