The Campus Kitchen has two internship opportunities available this summer. Read the description below or APPLY NOW.
Job Title or Position: Summer intern for operations and program development (2 positions available)
Expectations/ Responsibilities of the Position:
- The focus of the CKWL internships are: poverty reduction, non‐profit management and sustainability.
- Interns will spend 15 hrs/week for 8 weeks with the Campus Kitchen (weeks do not need to be consecutive, we will work around family vacations and/or summer camp)
- Position will mold slightly to the specific interests of the intern(s) placed at CKWL.
- Intern will receive a $500 stipend.
Intern(s) must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and work on their feet for significant periods of time (cooking shifts, food recovery and gardening). Intern must be willing to interact with all CKWL clients in a professional manner. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Intern must be willing to step into a leadership position as they manage volunteers at the kitchen. Prefer intern has a driver’s license.
- Intern will work a regular 15‐hour week, but some hours will fall outside a 9 to 5 schedule.
- Dress should be casual but not inappropriate. Closed toed shoes and sleeves required for kitchen work, closed toed shoes required in the garden.
- Transportation is a must for food delivery. It is preferable that intern can provide a car and will be reimbursed for mileage.
- Within the first two weeks of internship, intern(s) will become ServSafe certified as a safe food handler.
Interested? APPLY NOW!